Sunday, April 01, 2007

Glastonbury tickets are Go!!!!!

Well its Sunday April 1st and at 0900 hours this morning tickets to the biggest, brightest and best festival on planet Earth went onsale. I arrose from my pit slightly groggy 10 minutes before the biggest festival ticket grabbing competition of the year kicked off and after quite a heavy night in the pub (which only came to an abrupt end at 0400 am when i realised that i needed sleep before commencing battle). I proceeded to get the PC on and the internet connection firing on all cylinders.
At this point I was half excited about the prospect of another birthday at Glastonbury (nothing beats your birthday falling right in the middle of the festival) and half nervous about not getting any tickets and having mates tell me all the good times that were had(pictures and tales). So with the floodgates opening and nearly 400,000 people wanting what only 135,000 could have, i steaded myself and began attempting to get on www.seetickets.com/g2007 .
Me and a friend had agreed that because I only wanted 1 ticket if he got through first he'd get mine and vice versa. What I soon learned was that there was no hope of getting onto see tickets site, so I started looking for a direct link to the secure purchase page. After paitently waitinfor the Glastonbury forum to load up (which took a while due to the traffic) i found what I was looking for in a thread aptly titled "ticket buying chatroom". Lo and behold sat as a fresh entry at the very bottom of the page was the very link I was looking for. WINNER!!!
Now all I had to do was get the secure page to open and it was all going to turn out rosy! Exuding the patience of a saint I persisted in trying to get this page to load, then as I was fearing the worst.... up pops the next form and we're off and running.
In what I can only express as a relatively smooth and stress free purchase i stared in disbelief at the notice saying i'd bought 3 adult tickets and 1 car pass!
All good, so i went back online and got another 4 for some friends who were having problems getting through managed to get the last ticket at 1050 am.
1055 am and all tickets where now sold out and for another year Glastonbury was on!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home