Monday, April 24, 2006

Roll On The Freerolls

Another day another freeroll.
Freerolls are quite simply one of the best tools around for me as an online player to improve my tournament play.
I find that they allow me to play agaibst some outstanding and some quite shockingly bad players.
Whether people play for fun or for financial gain I still find it quite difficult to comprehend how some players play a rag hand.
Recently I have witnessed a lot of players going all in pre flop with low value hands or unsuited rags, why is this?
Surely these players can't hope to scare everyone off a hand, especially if someone is holding suited connectors or a high ranking pair. of course sometimes these bad players hit a lucky flop or manage to bad beat someone but 9 times out of 10 they are outranked and drawing dead.
This is something I am going to keep my eye on and see if this playing style is just people being blasse or whether they think this is a winning strategy.
But for me a winning strategy is one where the odds dictate that you stand a better than average chance of taking the pot and all in should be used to maximise your winnings not just to scare everyone off a pot when you are sat in early position.
Any views would be greatly appreciated.
cheers
nic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home